Digital signage displays are widely used in retail settings. Over the years, this type of signage has become an important part of the customer experience in shops, given its ability to promote in-store products in a very appealing way. In this article, we explain why you simply can’t overlook the importance of signage in retail.
The Benefits of Digital Signage In Retail
Why is it important to have digital signage displays in retail? Essentially, digital signs are excellent marketing tools that can support your sales and advertising strategy, increasing customer engagement and encouraging spontaneous sales. Here’s how:
1) In-store digital signage promotes your products or services more effectively, especially if the display has interactive elements because customers are already in the store and all you need to do is get their attention and steer them in the right direction.
2) Digital signs are excellent ways of catching people's attention, due to their high visual appeal. Remember that humans are visual creatures, so this form of communication can help create an engaging and richer in-store experience.
3) Digital signs can display interactive and multimedia content. This type of content lends itself well to storytelling, which in turn can drive curiosity, delight customers, and influence their purchasing decisions.
4) Digital signage can also be used to attract passers-by on the high street or within a shopping centre. Outdoor signs can be effective during seasonal marketing campaigns or product launches and can reach an audience that would otherwise never find out about your brand.
5) There’s another reason to consider digital retail signage displays: they can provide self-service customer support and reduce the workload of your customer service team. So digital signs aren’t only useful to improve the customer experience: they also have internal business value as they can improve productivity and make your employee’s job more satisfying.
6) Last but not least, digital signage reinforces your brand messages or those of your supply partners and makes for a stronger digital presence. And as most retailers know, better brand awareness and improved brand recall can lead to higher sales down the line.